The Main Gallery
The gallery name ‘The Main Gallery’ derives from the idea of entering any museum or gallery for the first time. To enter a gallery is the beginning of a journey and Ozlem wants to engender the sense of adventure and excitement that will follow as you enter the main room and progress through the visual and visceral experience of imaginative discovery that awaits you. This latest chapter in Ozlem’s personal artistic journey reflects the lifelong dream of not only being an artist but of opening an art gallery that will create a feeling of community and a shared artistic aesthetic. The Main Gallery is the first art gallery launched by a Turkish artist in Australia. We believe in these challenging times, it is important to nurture the idea of hope as well as providing the physical means through which local, national and international artists can exhibit their work.
Our modern-style art gallery offers 165 sqm of exhibition wall space divided into three Gallery sections of varying sizes and a Stockroom Gallery Space. We accommodate group shows as well as individual exhibitions and events.
The Main gallery window faces Halifax Street. Adjacent are two smaller galleries Gallery A & B, The Gallery office and Stockroom space.
- Main gallery space: ~23 linear m hanging wall space with 76sqm of floor space & Halifax Street Window Frontage is 9sqm, which can also be divided into two separate sections as both advertising and hanging space
- Lumen adjustable/ dimmable spotlights
- Air conditioned
- Professional hanging systems
- Modern design with polished concrete floor
- 1 x Kitchenette
- EFTPOS facilities (Visa/Mastercard)
- 24/7 Private monitoring with alarm security system
- Public parking
FREE EXCLUSIVE E-INVITES AND NEWSLETTERS
Be the first to know about new exhibitions and special events. We promise, no spam.
156 Halifax Street Adelaide SA 5000
+61 (0) 872 250 218
We acknowledge the Kaurna people as the Traditional Owners of the Country where the city of Adelaide is situated today, and pay respect to Elders past and present.