Get IN Touch
You can follow us
Our Gallery is open for the public. We are observing strict physical distancing and hygiene measures to protect the health of visitors and staff and minimise the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus).
Mon: By appointment
Tue: 11am – 5pm
Wed: 11am – 5pm
Thu: 11am – 5pm
Fri: 11am – 5pm
Sat: 11am – 3pm
Sun: By appointment
Artist Expression of Interest
The Main Gallery curates its program yearly, but we welcome proposals from established and emerging artists and curators from local, national and internationally, working in any art form. This application is an expression of interest form only and cannot guarantee an exhibition outcome.
All information provided will be treated confidentially.
Please register your interest
Questions? We have all the answers and more…
What happens once The Main Gallery accepts your expression of interest?
An expression of interest does not guarantee exhibition space. The Main Gallery curates its program annually, and we welcome proposals from established and emerging artists working in any medium, and from local, national and international curators.
What are the selection criteria?
- Artwork that accessible to a diverse audience
- Artwork that is contemporary and engages the audience in critical debate and analysis of contemporary ideas and approaches.
- Artwork that is experimental in nature, pushing boundaries conceptually or within a medium.
How long before my application is processed?
Every application is processed as it is received.
What is included in the exhibition fee?
- Curatorial advice.
- Gallery staffing during all standard opening times : Tuesday – Friday (11am – 5pm), Saturday (11pm – 3pm).
- Electronic mail-out to subscribers and media, universities, curators and other relevant businesses in the Adelaide CBD.
- Online 3D exhibition and catalogue.
- Online listing and promotion through the gallery’s Facebook and Instagram pages.
- Documentation of the exhibition and archiving on the TMG website.
- Writing and distribution of a media release (upon timely provision of appropriate material)
- Museum quality hanging system & track lighting with flood to focussed beam options.
- Glass mounted artist & project name and artwork labelling.
- Encouragement and support in producing associated events with exhibitions such as an artist talks and workshops.
We also offer;
- Full installation and/or de-installation services ($650 inc gst per service).
- HD projector hire ($120 / week / per projector) or $40 day rate (inc gst)
What are the gallery hire rates?
- $ 400 inc gst per week for The Main Gallery.
- Corporate events; $700 inc gst per week for The Main Gallery + Gallery A and B. (Please see the floor plan )
- The gallery takes 30% commission on sales.
What are the hire terms?
Our preferred hire time is two weeks from installation to de-installation but we are happy to negotiate for longer periods of time should they be available.
- Sunday & Monday installation (7am – 10pm)
- Friday or Saturday opening event (6.30 – 9pm)
- Saturday de-installation (4 – 8pm)
156 Halifax Street Adelaide SA 5000
+61 (0) 872 250 218
We acknowledge the Kaurna people as the Traditional Owners of the Country where the city of Adelaide is situated today, and pay respect to Elders past and present.