You can follow us
We are a contemporary art space, and we love nothing more than seeing your visits and comments captured about the artworks and exhibitions. So, while visiting us, please share your photos and stories with us by tagging #themaingalleryau on your posts so we and many more can enjoy the art from your viewpoint.
Here’s how to get social about THE MAIN GALLERY.
Mon: By appointment
Tue: By appointment
Wed: 12 – 5 pm
Thu: 12 – 5 pm
Fri: 12 – 5 pm
Sat: 1 – 5 pm
Closed on public holidays.
FREE EXCLUSIVE E-INVITES AND NEWSLETTERS
Be the first to know about new exhibitions and special events. We promise, no spam.
Artist Expression of Interest
The Main Gallery curates its program yearly, but we welcome proposals from established and emerging artists and curators from local, national and internationally, working in any art form. This application is an expression of interest form only and cannot guarantee an exhibition outcome.
All information provided will be treated confidentially.
Questions? We have all the answers and more…
What happens once The Main Gallery accepts your expression of interest?
An expression of interest does not guarantee exhibition space. The Main Gallery curates its program annually, and we welcome proposals from established and emerging artists working in any medium, and from local, national and international curators.
What are the selection criteria?
- Artwork that accessible to a diverse audience
- Artwork that is contemporary and engages the audience in critical debate and analysis of contemporary ideas and approaches.
- Artwork that is experimental in nature, pushing boundaries conceptually or within a medium.
How long before my application is processed?
Every application is processed as it is received.
What is included in the exhibition fee?
- Curatorial advice.
- Gallery staffing during all standard opening times: Wednesday – Friday (12 – 5 pm), Saturday (1 – 5 pm).
- Electronic mail-out to subscribers and media, universities, curators and other relevant businesses in the Adelaide CBD.
- Exhibition Page on the TMG website.
- Online listing and promotion through the gallery’s Facebook and Instagram pages.
- Documentation of the exhibition and archiving on the TMG website.
- Museum quality hanging system & track lighting with flood to focussed beam options.
- Glass mounted artist & project name and artwork labeling.
- Encouragement and support in producing associated events with exhibitions such as an artist talk and workshops.
We also offer;
- Full installation and de-installation services ($650 inc GST per service).
What are the gallery hire rates?
Please get in touch with the gallery for hire rates.
What are the hire terms?
Our preferred hire time is three weeks from installation to de-installation, but we are happy to negotiate for longer periods should they be available.
- Thursday installation (12 – 5 pm)
- The opening event Friday
- Wednesday de-installation (12- 2 pm)
156 Halifax Street Adelaide SA 5000
+61 (0) 872 250 218
We acknowledge the Kaurna people as the Traditional Owners of the Country where the city of Adelaide is situated today, and pay respect to Elders past and present.